Codebase: hidden https://bitbucket.org/yongbin999
- wow! awesome rails experience! Upgrading an app from rails 2.2 to 4.2 highlights:
- git branch,pulls, code reviews
- learning REST requests, MVC framework
- js views routing and rendering with jquery,
- rails and sql querys.
- learning about db relationship belongs,has_many,through
- git best practice, no default/hard coded, debugging statments
- setup ssh, public key, branches pull requests
- create sh scripts to load sample data mysqldump
- use grep,sed,find to search for issues.
- debugging in terminal, curl, browser, inspect element
- testing browsers, using browserstack without settingup vm.
- div displays with css, js onclick animations
- form_tag with multiple records changes save at once
- jquery submit button on radio button change, remote submit
- create .ajax call and respond on callbacks with json objects.
rails/ back end
- looking to migrations and sql tables/functions for issues
- mapping relationship with has_many, belongs_to, through
- preloading relationship data with .includes()
- setting up mailer smtp
- activate addtional file paths for routes.rb
- activate unicode display in application
- respond_to with xml, json, text, html
- push directly to master
- make assumption on designs without confirmation
- modified sample database with random data for testing