- first need to select a base image.
- VM : lubuntu/ubuntu easiest, fedora safer but more complicated.
- Docker: centos6 small fedora OS.
- run update the image with the package management.
- run install base-compliers and project required languages and package managers
- setup the users chmod and download any code base or tools
- sometimes with enterprise firewall, you need to insert certs in browser.
- If there are any custom configs like environment variables/paths.
- leave the script that sets these thing up. because if i run system updates, those info might be lost. (my experience, docker image, port forwarding gone when i updated)